I'm preparing for a Space/Astronomy section we'll be teaching the kids in the next few weeks. I was reviewing/learning some concepts, and came across this picture of the Hourglass Nebula, taken by the Hubble Telescope. I've seen it before, or at least the eye part of it, but I didn't think it was real. But now I learnt that it is.
It's amazing to me. An infinity sign with an eye in the middle. My imagination cannot help but go crazy with this.
Speaking about school, a wonderful thing happened yesterday, where I was able to speak to a kid in my class, who is brilliant but completely unmotivated to do any work. He gets Ds and Fs, and sporadically, he will get an A+ on a test when he actually decides to take it. Most of his other work, he never turns in, never even looks at it, even though he knows how to do everything.
I took him outside the classroom and spoke to him. I think he felt seen maybe for the first time since he started school; maybe he felt encouraged that someone was actually speaking to his concerns, because when he went back to his seat, he started working! I was so moved, I almost started crying, but I have to control myself and not get too emotional. Anyway, I really hope that he continues to work, because I really feel that he is brilliant and has the potential to do amazing things.
Peace

1 comment:
bravo, Raluca ! inca o fapta buna. mama .
Post a Comment