This is the lovely altar space that you walk through to enter the exhibit


I really love this piece. Although I never went, I know that Cherese had a sweat lodge at her house and I imagine these are some of her ceremonial things

This right away reminded me of "I want to fly, but my wings have been so denied" from AIC

What this one makes me think of is "fire in the belly". Have you ever felt that? I have, in different ways: pain in childbirth, excitement, fear, loss.

I feel like this exhibit has brought our community together, physically, in one place, and has allowed us to open up to these intense feelings that we all feel but mostly hide from each other, in a public space. That is an amazing gift!
There will be a memorial for Cherese on February 9th at the Storrs Congegational Church.
RIP Cherese.
I really love this piece. Although I never went, I know that Cherese had a sweat lodge at her house and I imagine these are some of her ceremonial things
This right away reminded me of "I want to fly, but my wings have been so denied" from AIC
What this one makes me think of is "fire in the belly". Have you ever felt that? I have, in different ways: pain in childbirth, excitement, fear, loss.
I feel like this exhibit has brought our community together, physically, in one place, and has allowed us to open up to these intense feelings that we all feel but mostly hide from each other, in a public space. That is an amazing gift!
There will be a memorial for Cherese on February 9th at the Storrs Congegational Church.
RIP Cherese.
No comments:
Post a Comment