Every Friday, I do my deliveries to Fiddleheads and Oyster Club, which is a routine I've come to like. I'm lucky to be working with some super nice people: Rachel, the produce manager at Fiddleheads, and James and Dave, the chefs at Oyster Club. I heard from other farmers that chefs can be fussy and difficult to work with, but I must say that James and Dave are very down to earth and pleasant, always treating me with respect, so I am lucky.
This is Fiddleheads Food Coop in New London (see the poster of Shundahai above the cooler, with me harvesting chard?):

And outside.
This time of year is always very busy, with lots going on in the field, with the animals, etc.,as you can see from my to do list below.....
Today, I had an extra delivery in addition to my usual, for a special event in Stonington, CT, organized in part by James. Apparently 6 of the top chefs in the world are going to be cooking for this event, which is a fund raiser and costs $5000 a plate! I hope they like my carrots...
Peace



No comments:
Post a Comment