Finally, this year we will be taking the trip to Romania that we've been promising the kids since 2010. It's always felt impossible to get away from the farm for more than 3 days at a time, but this year we've planned things out so our workers will be here while we go to Europe. I reserved plane tickets last week. We'll be going for 3 weeks at the beginning of October. We'll be flying to Milan, Italy, and from there driving to Bucharest, Romania, through the Alps!!! I am super excited about this. I've always dreamed of seeing Heidi country (Switzerland), always had this image of her granfather's hut on top of the montain, with the hayloft where Heidi slept and the fresh milk they shared. And now, we'll be driving through the Austrian alps (which to me is close enough to the Swiss Alps), and the Italian Dolomites, and I am so excited. The kids want to visit lots of castles, which should be easy. I want to see cows on alpine meadows and Ed, I think he mostly wants to stay away from crowded places and see how Europeans practice small scale agriculture, which I do too.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment