Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Better

My back's a lot better. It got better a little bit each day since Monday. I'm about 80% back to normal now.
Yesterday Opal gave us 1 gallon of milk! Her milk is yellowish from all the good grass she's eating, all that beta carotene, and Ed and I think it must be about 5% butter fat based on the cream layer that rises to the top.

For breakfast I have eggs from our chickens and milk from Opal. I feel like Heidi. She was one of my favorite characters when I grew up. I always liked reading about her granfather's hut on top of the mountain, with fir trees surrounding it, and a view of the valley below. I've always wanted to go to Switzerland because of Heidi, to see the mountains for myself. Have's been there yet, but I do see them in my dreams at night, and I see beautiful meadows too, full of flowers...
Today I'm making Feta. Monday the CSA begins. We're ready for it.

Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk


Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

olive e f.f. draguta. mie-mi plac toti baby-es, animale sau oameni. ai grija de spate- cind te doare, pune-ti un "Briu" - o centura f. lata si strinsa, care-ti protejeaza muschii care te dor . doar ziua, cind faci treaba - poti fi activa moderat si recuperezi mai repede. ia macar Tylenol, daca nu antiinflamatoare, 2-3 zile, altfel ramin urme si se repeta mai des. plus, gimnastica pt. back pain.
cu drag, mama.