I threw out my back pretty badly. A couple of weeks ago, I thinned some carrots for two hours straight, and didn't stretch or anything, and my back was tight afterwards for a few days. But then it started to feel better. But last week was very stressful, and I could feel my back tightening again. Got a little worse every day until yesterday, I was trying to open up the greenhouse, and thinking "why is this so hard", and then my back locked right up. I've never had anything like this before, where it's so painful to do anything. I lay in bed the rest of the day yesterday, trying not to breathe too deeply... Today I can walk around and sit, and am generally feeling better, but still tight and painful. Sneezing or coughing are the worst. I guess I'd better start taking care of myself a little more. Have not been doing anything other than working and worrying lately. Lots of stuff needing attention - the farm, the cows, and the family, and I'm caught in the middle of it all.
My good friend S. came over today and she said that life is not supposed to be easy and pleasant all the time. She said our generation has been sold a lie as to how we're supposed to be happy all the time. She made me laugh (which was painful on my back), and I am grateful to her for reminding me of that.
Peace
1 comment:
I hope you are feeling better soon. The one time I hurt my back icing really helped me.
Back pain really is rough....
Sending you a hug (a gentle hug)- emily
Post a Comment