Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The leaves are out!



Ed saw a fox this morning near the cow pasture.

Yesterday after the rain, I looked outside, and to my surprise, I could see that tiny leaves had appeared on many of the trees. It’s like that every year, one day the trees are bare, and then, seemingly quite suddenly, the leaves are there. It’s a lovely pale green color which surrounds the trees like a halo and makes everything seem more vibrant.

Yesterday the cows got out of the pasture. Their paddock was close to the road, so we’re guessing that something must’ve spooked them on the road, and they ran the other way. Fortunately they did not go too far, and were still in the enclosure of the electric fence, in a safe spot.

Today Sena and Aiyana and I are having our tea party. We have one every Sunday. We use the fancy china cups I have from my grandmother Mamaia, and we have herbal tea and biscuits. We knit and talk and just hang out. Sometimes we pretend to be fancy ladies and we act in a very dignified manner. Mostly we just have fun.

The peach and apple trees are in the ground. The blueberry bushes just arrived on Friday – we will get them planted this week. The kale is looking like it’s recovering after the frost damage last week. Everything else in the field is looking good.

I love this time of the year, but I’ve been feeling tired over the past two weeks. I think it has to do with seasonal change and the increased level of physical activity that came with it. I started taking a multivitamin again, the New Chapter Organics brand that helped me in the past. I hope it works this time. I certainly need all the energy I can get at this time of year, and can’t drag myself around feeling being tired.

peace

No comments: