This morning, we took the ferry from Ortakoy on the European side to Uskudar on the Asian side. I went to a cafe with a view of the Bosphorus to do some grading for school, and the girls went to meet Aiyana's friend. Later, we took the ferry back to Besiktas on the European side and I had chicken pilaf, which was really good, but also comparable to the one I make, which made me happy. Then, we all met at a Cafe bookstore, and then we came home to rest.
Later, I went out by myself and found a market and bought some fresh fruit - apricots, cherries, grapes. I bought cheese pastries and bread and baklava and other sweets from the bakery. And I bought really good rice and beans from this place I had bookmarked.
Meanwhile, I'm reading my Herodotus, more specifically the parts related to Istanbul. Currently reading about when the Persians were here. It's so incredible to think that this place has seen all those stories and that I can stand in the same place as all those people long ago.
The weather has been very pleasant. Hot but not overbearing. Much better than last time I was here, which I think was late July or August.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment