Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Reeling

This trip to Spain was so amazing, and now that I'm back, I feel like I'm reeling from it all. It was not easy, as it is never easy to travel with others, especially those we are close to, with conflicts arising inevitably; but it was amazing and so, so beautiful.

I've learned so much, about history and the interplay of the three religions, Islam, Jewish and Christian, and how what happened in Andalusia in the middle ages shaped so much of our world today.

I'm so amazed, not only by the realizations and connections I've made on this trip, but by the sheer physical beauty of the landscape and architecture, there to see and experience today, as a beacon from times long gone.

Just like Istanbul last year, this trip burst my little bubble of self centered worries, annoyances and complaints, and opened me up again to the truth that the world is big and beautiful and so interesting; that there's so much to learn and experience, and that despite everything, there's so much beauty and goodness out there.

I'm so grateful! I'm sure that before too long, I'll get stuck in my bubble again, but before that happens, I'll do my best to keep myself open.

A few more pictures:
Sunset in Toledo, from our apartment.
The best shawarma and fattouche....
Monasterio San Juan de los Reyes 
My reading list after this trip is totally out of control...
Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ce frumos ai scris ,aici ! imi pare rau sa nu mai calatoresc si sa-mi trec restul vietii numai in casa si gradina, ce rost mai are viata , inafara de voi... cu drag, mama .