Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Still

It's still hard that Sena's gone to DC. She came back last weekend for Aiyana's birthday, and when she left it was so hard all over again.

Aiyana is getting her university applications in. Who knows where she'll be next year?

Some nights I can't sleep for worry about them. Other times, I'm so excited for both of them, and all they have accomplished and all they have ahead of them.

As for myself, otherwise, things are intense but good. School can get pretty stressful, like any job I guess, but it's also rewarding. My aerospace class is going very well, and my general science class is a lot easier this year than last, when it was my first time teaching it. The wind tunnel is still in the machine shop but coming along. There's a lot of excitement around it. I plan to use it for my aerodynamics unit în the new year.

My mom is currently in Tunisia, having a great time. She's making me jealous with all the great food and the historical places she's seeing.

I was listening to U2, and thinking how some days, I still want to "reach out and touch the flame". That's never changed. I'm grateful that it's still there despite the many stresses and worries of this life stage.

I hope that you're finding something to hold on to as well, finding some peace and perspective, wherever you're at right now.

Peace 

No comments: