Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Friday, June 10, 2022

One year ago today

One year ago today I went to the emergency room for my gallbladder. Although it all ended well, it was a really scary time, and it took over my whole summer. Today, I am so grateful to be here, feeling well and able to enjoy the many blessings (sorry for the cliche, but it's quite true) of every ordinary day.
School is almost over and I feel really good about how this year went. My first year full time teaching!!!

I am also excited about a grant I received recently from our school, to build a wind tunnel for my aerospace class next year. 
Ed is helping me build it, or should I say that he is building it, and I am helping him design it.

In other news, Sena is doing well, working in the Senate building in DC. I miss her and still worry a lot, but I'm also happy and proud of her.
Aiyana is going to visit her soon, and she'll also visit a couple of universities she's interested in at the same time.

The farm is going well due to our amazing farm manager, Dan, without whom there would be no farm right now.

I'm just about done reading War and Peace. It is truly amazing and even better than anything I ever heard about it. Hemingway said that to read the Russians is like opening a great treasure, and he is right. Opening a great treasure that will stay with you forever. That's been my experience with Tolstoy, and Dostoyevsky and Chekhov. I got a bunch more Tolstoy from the library to treat myself over the summer.

Thank you for reading my blog and for being interested. I am grateful to be here to share.
Peace 

No comments: