Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Saturday, April 30, 2022

End of April pictures

This morning, Aiyana and I had a little walk in the orchard. The peaches and pears are in bloom and the orchard looks magical. There are dandelions and violas and other little flowers of all colors all over the ground, with bees and bumblebees buzzing all around. Truly, it feels magical, and very restorative, an escape from the troubles of the world.

In other news, I'm about halfway through Tolstoy's War and peace. I don't want it to end. But I still have about 500 pages to go, so it won't end any time soon. 

I also have been looking through my aerospace class curriculum for next year. I'm already getting very excited about it. Apparently a lot of kids signed up for it already.

This past week has probably been my best week at school yet. I've been reflecting on what made it so, and I think a big factor has been me setting strict boundaries around work and outside of work. I haven't been bringing any work home, and I've been really deliberate as to how I use my time at school, at home, and what constitutes good enough.

My mind of course always wants to spin into what else needs to get done, but I'm paying attention and refocusing as much as I can.

Here are a few pictures that I hope will bring some beauty into your day. Enjoy the weekend and this beautiful time of year!
Oh, and I cut my hair. I'm happy about it.

No comments: