Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Spring!!!!

Amidst the heartbreak of Ukraine, spring is here. Some days I feel like it's wrong to be happy about it. 
But it's heartening to see people helping and supporting each other in this awful situation. Today I found out that my cousin in Germany hosted 3 Ukrainian families that fled. I am proud of her for helping like that.
And also, it's heartening to hear of all the people in Romania and other neighboring countries doing what they can do to help.

Here are some recent pictures:
Snowdrops: my favorites and the first flowers to come out of the ground in spring

Beautiful flowers for my sister
Mucenici: tradițional sweet Romanian breads made on the 9th of March to welcome spring and to remember those who are no longer with us. Sena made these.
snowstorm last week
Sena. Photo credit to Nick Barta
me, happy near my snowdrops
peace

1 comment:

Roxi said...

Thank you for the beautiful flowers. I kept half of them home and I brought the other half to school, so that other people can also enjoy them.