The trouble is that we cast everything in terms of our own reference frame, which is what gave rise to many of our problems to begin with. If we want to change our patterns, we must try to change our reference frame at a fundamental level.
But how?
First, we have to be able to see it.
Second, without blame, shame, or any of that, pay attention and see if we can notice its workings, as an observer. Just a neutral observer.
After we've done this hard work for a long time, there will be openings in which something fresh can arise.
So, take heart! Deconstructing our reference frame is no easy work. One of the hardest things is that we have to allow ourselves to relax enough so that new patterns can arise. But it can be fun, and an adventure, and what do we have to lose?
And on a totally different note:
These are three pots I planted yesterday with little flowers I dug up on the side of the road near our house. Even though I have a field of vegetables and a full orchard out there, I need to have something beautiful close to me. That's why I'm a huge fan of container gardening. It's so easy and accessible, and you can make it whatever suits you.
I truly believe that planting something, nurturing something, even the smallest thing, can be a great form of therapy, especially now that we are in quarantine and deprived of essential contact. So maybe you want to try it? You can even grow scraps from your food: you can sprout beans, seeds, potatoes...then once they've sprouted, put them in some soil, care for them, and watch them grow.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment