Sena is an amazing person, and she's been getting lots of recognition recently as you may know, from different news media, public officials, etc. Yet, all of that doesn't even come close to describing the beautiful person that she truly is.
Although I could write pages on Sena's qualities and accomplishments, instead, I want to briefly describe the impact she has had on me. Sena has given me more than I ever thought possible: understanding, purpose, hope and courage! Because of her, I've been able to stand up for things that I've been too weak to address before. Her example and the kind of person she is give me strength and inspire me to believe in myself and keep moving forward when things are tough. Because of her, I've learnt not only how to stand up for a cause I believe in (for example, my work with pollinators), but how to stand up for myself! I never expected to receive this gift from my child. She allowed me to find a power inside me that I didn't know I had.
And now, just for memory's sake, I want to list some favorite times with Sena over the past year:
Some of my favorite times together are definitely the conversations we have when it's just the two of us. Her maturity level and depth are beyond that of most adults I talk with, and our conversations often leave me with much insight and food for thought. I also love listening to music together when we're driving in the car. I love getting books out for her from the library, and then having her tell me which ones she liked and which she didn't, and why. I love talking about what it means to be a woman in this world. I love talking to her about Shakespeare or other books I'm reading, and, even though she doesn't want to read them herself, I love that she listens to me and I can talk about the lines or ideas I find interesting and get thoughtful feedback from her. I love that she lets me be myself, and never makes me feel ashamed of who I am, even when I do silly or irresponsible things that I know she wouldn't do herself.
There's just so much I want to say, but I don't want to ramble. I am just so grateful!
Here are some pictures of Sena taken over the past year:
In the Dominican Republic
At the September 20th climate rally
In front of the Capitol Building at the November 6th rally, with Sunrise co-director, Mitch.With Ed at the Fox interview a few weeks ago
Another interview last week
At UConn (after finishing her first semester with a 3.94 GPA)
Happiest Birthday, Sena, and thank you for being such an amazing force and person!
Peace






3 comments:
Thank you Mama!
beautiful thoughts , for a beautiful daughter ! You said all i 'd like to say about Sena , but also about you !
I have now , in my later age , the same thoughts about you and Roxi , how much you changed my life, my feelings and my view on it .
i, really luky to have both of you , wonderful and special daughters , your love for family and whole world and i am grateful and HAPPY to have you .
Also ,how can I have such Great daughters, when i don't consider myself having half of your qualities, how can you be mine ?
See, the history repeats itself ! all you say about Sena and har qualities , I say about you and Roxi !
So, we wish you a HAPPY 16 -th BIRTHDAY , our special , beautiful , smart SENA ! Be happy and go on with your beautiful activities !
Loooooots of love , Buca & Bucu .
I'm very moved! All is well.
Post a Comment