My daughter's friend was telling Aiyana and I about a project they're doing in her high school English class. It sounds so great, so I wanted to share it here.
So the teacher in this class asked the kids to create a collage of their inner lives or inner landscape, something they'd be comfortable sharing with the rest of the class, that would reveal who they are beyond outward appearances.
Apparently, this one boy, when it was his turn to present his collage, showed a blank page. He is someone who's known in school for being an athlete. He explained that he put out a blank sheet because he didn't know what his inner landscape looked like. He'd been strongly encouraged by his parents to get into sports from an early age, and even though he eventually started enjoying sports, he never really got the chance to explore other things about himself.
I found this sad at first, but then, when talking with my daughter's friend, we were saying how at the same time, this is a wide open door for this boy. His page is literally blank, and he can put whatever he wants on it, which I think, is exhilarating.
So what does you inner landscape collage look like? I think it's fun to think about this, and share it with others, if you're comfortable.
And if you do think about it, or even make a collage, no matter what you come up with, don't forget to leave a blank space!
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment