I sent this out yesterday to the Willimantic Food Coop Board of Directors, which I was part of:
I've had some significant changes in my life recently, which I will talk about briefly below. As a result, after some stressful deliberation, I've decided that I need to resign from the Board of Directors.
These are some of the major changes I am talking about:
- Last week I started a full time job as an Instructional Assistant in the science department at EO Smith Highschool.
- My daughters both started new schools, also last week. Sena started as a full time student at UConn, and at only 15 years of age, I need to make sure I am fully available to support her in this transition. My daughter Aiyana also started a new school, EO Smith, which is also a big transition for her out of homeschooling, and I want to make sure I can support her as much as she needs.
- In addition, I plant to keep and run our farm as before (to the extent that that is possible).
With all these changes, I feel that it is unrealistic for me to put in the time required to prepare for Board meetings, be involved in commitees, and in general be an active, involved director. I don't like to come unprepared to our meetings, or any event, and so, I think the right thing for me is to drop out.
I am sorry about this, and please know that this was not an easy decision for me. I have enjoyed working with and getting to know all of you, and I am grateful for what I've learned in the past year and a half from all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment