Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

My friend, Adina

It was very moving for me to meet my friend Adina, from Romania, yesterday in NYC. She was my close friend when I left Romania, in 1986, and for years after that, we wrote to each other. She brought me all the letters I sent her from Canada, which I am so grateful for. They're not easy to read, because of all the feelings they bring back, but they give me a time capsule I can revisit and share.

This is Adina and I at the New York Public Library.

And funny enough, on the train to NY, I ended up sitting next to a woman who was wearing bee shoes. I was wearing my flowery Doc Martens. So I told her: you got the bees, I got the flowers. And she laughed and then we started talking about bees and pollinators.


Peace 

No comments: