Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Sunday, February 17, 2019

It's tempting


Sweep clean 


Images: Pixabay

Peace 

3 comments:

Octavian said...

It is very true that taking responsibility for your life choices and happiness is terrifying. It is much simpler to think that something forced you to do something and this is the cause of your unhappiness. On the other hand there are situations when your happiness is not the most important thing and you may be forced to sacrifice it for greater good. But it is important to be able to recognise those situations and accept the outcome and not generalise and refuse to take charge when you can.

emily said...

This is all interesting.... recently I did a meditation on accepting joy in my life, without the add-on judgements, etc. For some reason that's been super hard for me in my life. Whenever I feel happy, I tend to not let myself feel that and instead jump ahead to some other feeling, or feel like I shouldn't feel happy when I have so many things left undone.

So, yeah.. taking responsibility for choices that can lead to contentment. But also accepting the moments when you do feel happy or content without judgement, without self-denial, and without clinging to that feeling. Probably different from what you are referring to in your poem, but associated!

(Doing the Sharon Saltzberg 30 day challenge)

raluca said...

Thank you so much for these thoughtful comments. They really mean a lot to me!
Emily, I'm glad you're doing the Salzburg meditation. I am too!!!