Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Chipped

I'm a tea and coffee lover. I get pretty attached to my mugs. These two have been some of my favorites. Especially the taller one, which I bought in California last May, and brought it with me when our family hiked El Capitan in Yosemite.


Both mugs got chipped, and for a while I held on to them, no longer using them, but unable to let go. 

Finally, yesterday I took this picture and put them into the recycling bin.


This morning, as I looked at the picture, I realized that the mugs were still useful. They had something to teach. So I wrote this poem, took them out of the recycling bin and put them on a shelf in my room with other special things.




With gratitude 

For all the broken pieces 

In my life 

My only teachers

You've shown me 

How to hold gently, 

And how to love 

Because of you 

I'm whole 


Peace 




No comments: