I am so happy to tell you that so far I have raised enough money through the sale of my poetry book, Fertile Ground: Beauty and Brokenness, to donate to all three organizations I said I would donate to. Thank you so much for doing this with me!!!
All of you who have bought my book, I hope you enjoyed it, and if you didn’t really like it, then at least know that your money is supporting some amazing work. Here are some more details of the donations and the work they support:
- $100 to Province Town Center for Coastal Studies: I specified that this money is to be used specifically to support their Right Whale Emergency Initiative. Right Whales are on the brink of extinction, unless there is immediate action to prevent it, which is the goal of this initiative.
- $100 to Natural Resources Defense Council, who is always doing amazing work, and just recently had some great successes in court against the current administration's proposed rollbacks of environmental protections.
- $100 to Marine Mammal Alliance Nantucket who is literally on the ground, or on the beach, saving animals that are injured and stranded, and also doing a great job in their education efforts about ocean related issues.
If you haven’t yet, but would like to buy my book and continue to support these organizations, I still have some copies left, and here’s how you can get them:
- At the farm - Shundahai Farm, 253 Maple Rd, Mansfield CT
- At the Willimantic Food Coop.
- On Etsy https://www.etsy.com/shop/shundahaishop
Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments, and thank you so much again for doing this with me!!!
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment