Many people that cause pain and destruction have been hurt, and they're just passing it on, not knowing what else to do, not knowing how to transform their pain. Few of us are able to take our fear, pain, disappointment and turn them into something positive. Mostly, we carry them along, hurting ourselves and others.
So help those you perceive as enemies and wrongdoers in whichever way you can, wish them the very best, and resist the destruction of what you love out of love.
I wrote the above thinking mostly of environmental concerns, because that is the work I am mostly engaged in right now. It's easy to do this work out of love: I just have to think of my kids and the connection I feel with the earth, and love is there. But this approach is applicable to other areas as well, as you can see in this moving, outstanding article describing the transformation and the insights of a man who formerly identified himself as a neo Nazi.
No comments:
Post a Comment