I want to say that you need to search your heart for answers, but often I don't know exactly what that means or exactly how to do it.
But I am quite sure that answers to important life questions are in large part experiential.
You experience different things and life teaches you things, and over time you come to trust that. You come to trust your own life and honor your experience. They are the teachers. For me it's great relief to trust my life like that.
Chogyam Trungpa said:
"Waiting and letting what arises reflect within our intelligence is the meditation practice. It is like letting a pond settle down so the true reflection can be seen. There are already so many mental activities going on constantly. Adding further mental activities does not sharpen intelligence. The only way is just to let the intelligence develop, grow."
Be still and know.
Peace
2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading this post, it resonates with a lot of what I've been thinking and feeling myself lately. The trouble is, sometimes I just don't even know what it is that I want. It is so hard to trust that inner voice, when it's so hard to hear it sometimes, and to understand what it's trying to tell me. The picture of you is beautiful.
Do you follow Elizabeth Gilbert? She posted something recently on FB that had a very similar message to what you wrote here.
Post a Comment