Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Merry

I've always liked Christmas lights and the feeling of cosines at this time of the year.
Uconn decorates a beautiful tree on campus around this time of the year. It's a big oak, right by Mirror Lake, and they put lights all over it, and it's so pretty, shining there in the dark. It reminds me a little of the Tree of Souls, from Avatar, one of my favorite movies ever. Usually I avoid driving through campus because of traffic, but at Christmas, I purposely drive that way so I can see the lights.


Sena and Aiyana decorated our farm sign. Isn't it sweet?
On Sunday, Sena, Aiyana and I went out on the town. They wanted to buy me a gift for Christmas, which they did while I discreetly waited somewhere out of sight, and we bought a few other little things, and then we went to Dog Lane Cafe for lunch. We only go shopping like this once a year, so it's a special treat when we do, and the whole day is a lot of fun.
A cup of mocha, and next to it the purse I just finished crocheting.
 Sena and Aiyana sharing an insanely rich chocolate smoothie.
They bought me this gift, which I don't know what's inside, and they say it is not that big, but I guess the lady at the register packed it in a huge box because she didn't have anything else, so Sena and Aiyana were doubled down in laughter when they came out of the store. We could not even properly fit it in the trunk of the car, which is where we took this scenic picture.
Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

merci, imi plac mult pozele, inclusiv cea cu gentuta si cafeaua . LA MULTI ANI ! mama .