Dear Editor,
I am a 13-year-old Mansfield CT
resident, and have been advocating for the ocean since I was 5. Every time I visit the ocean, I am astounded
by its exquisite beauty, and now it is being threatened. I write to express
concerns about a pressing, time sensitive bill that is currently in the U.S. House
of Representatives. This issue will affect our entire ocean ecosystem.
There is an effort in Congress to
pass a bill (H.R. 4239) that will gut the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA). The
MMPA has been in place for 45 years and is a fundamental safeguard for our increasingly
threatened ocean animals. For example, there are around 450 North Atlantic
Right Whales left, and without the MMPA, they could soon go extinct.
In a few days, Congress will hold
the fate of thousands of animals in its hands.
I ask anybody who reads this to contact your Congress person asking them
to vote NO on H.R. 4239.
I want all future generations to
have a safe home, and without a healthy ocean this is impossible. Please help
our fight to save the ocean, the planet, and our future.
Respectfully,
Sena Wazer
1 comment:
bravoooo , sena ! good job !....and you are so beautiful , my lovie !! proud buca .
Post a Comment