I hold the contradictions of my life
Just like a mother would her dear children.
For much too long, I tried to cast them out
Straighten them into something different.
What nonsense...
To assert control like that
over the uncontrollable.
Over the gifts that life bestows on us,
no matter how confusing
no matter that they don't fit in
our preconceived ideas.
Now that I'm older
I hold my contradictions close to me
Accepting each for who they are
In quiet gratitude for how
they fill my life
and lead me down the sinuous path
and lead me down the sinuous path
1 comment:
raluca , continui sa ma uimesti cu fiecare vers nou scris , cit de mult talent ai ,la poezie. de unde ?! de la mama si mamaia , probabil, plus , cea mai mare parte de la tine... cultura ta literarati-a dat darul asta , fata de bunicile tale , care scriau un stil naiv, nu se compara cu al tau , dar toate trei, aveti chemarea asta ... eu n-o am , mai degraba pt. proza .
bravo , cu drag - mama .
Post a Comment