Ponta Delgado waterfront

Mosteiros area

These views....



Food situation is still kind of sad. Everything seems over processed, over cooked, too salty (this coming from a salt lover), etc. There are dairy cows everywhere, which is very scenic, and dairy production is huge on the island, yet you cannot buy fresh milk at the local stores. The only milk sold is ultra pasteurized, the kind that you don't even have to refrigerate and has an insanely long shelf life because it has been processed so heavily. I'm a little disappointed because for me, a significant part of why I travel is for the food. I'm not a picky eater, I love trying new things, and I love eating whatever the locals are eating when I go somewhere.
But maybe we just haven't found the right places to eat yet, so we'll keep looking. And anyway, even if the food doesn't improve, the scenery more than makes up for it, so it's fine.
1 comment:
vezi comment din23 oct -- mama.
Post a Comment