Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Senator Flexer and plans for Nantucket

Last Saturday, CSI Youth Group met with CT State Senator Mae Flexer to talk about banning plastic bags.
Now, Sena is working hard to prepare for her upcoming engagement in Nantucket. She was invited to give a presentation and show the movie Sonic Sea at one, possibly two, schools in Nantucket, on May 15th.
Two NGO's gave money (CSI and Nantucket Marine Mammal Conservation Program) to hire a professional film crew to have the presentation recorded. And there's also talk of the radio station NPR coming to interview Sena.

Sena is really really excited with all this. A few weeks ago, after we watched A Plastic Ocean, Aiyana told me that after the movie, Sena was whispering to herself in bed "I will make a difference, I will make a difference...". And so she is, along with CSI Youth Group.

Ed will most likely take her to Nantucket. They will have free lodging and a tour of the island. If I went, I'd be sure to stop by the dump too. I heard it's crazy, the stuff people throw away on Nantucket, with all those billionaires living there... Hopefully after Sena goes, they'll be buying less and throwing away less....

Here's a line by Bukowski, which describes Sena so well: "There is no lie in her fire"

Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bravo , sena ! ma impresioneaza seriozitatea si perseverenta ei, sa faca un lucru bun in lumea asta, plina de rele...
sintem mindri ca e nepoata noastra si "copilul "vostru, asta e rezultatul educatiei bune pe care i-o dati, dar si "naturei "ei, luata de la familie . cu drag , mama si tata .

emily said...

Way to go, Sena! :)