Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Fish and dogs out of context

After my deliveries on Friday, I stopped by the Thames River in Groton. I like to be near the water whenever possible. It's a funny thing, but when I was about 10-11 years-old, I started referring to myself in the third person as "the fish", in conversation with my parents and sister. I would say to them "the fish thinks this, or the fish doesn't like that, and so on". I don't know why, it was weird to have picked a fish, and it didn't sound flattering or anything in Romanian. My mom and I still laugh about it, and Sena and Aiyana think it's crazy but funny that I would want to be called "the fish".
Well, anyway, at least one thing I know I have in common with a fish is that I am attracted to water... 
And since I'm talking about animals in a funny context, this morning I introduced Aiyana to Jane's Addiction "Been caught stealing". I used to dance to that song at Purple Haze, my favorite club in Montreal, in the 90s. I thought Aiyana would like the intro with the dogs barking, and she did.

Peace

No comments: