Last night I needed to get out of the house for a few minutes and so I walked to the mailbox. It was raining and warm. It was pitch black and I liked it that way.
I thought about Mimi and how he'd walk through the dark, alone, complete onto himself, going to places only he knew. Was he afraid? I'll never know. Then, one time he walked, it was his last journey, and he was gone. He was here, he lived, he did what was in his nature to do. Then one day it all ended. So simple, so clean. No mess.
Why do we make it so complicated? I guess because we're human?
Well, at least for now, Mimi's death made me less afraid. Made it real clear that we're here for some time, and then we're gone. Forever. And so, while we're here, just be here. No fear. There's no place for fear. Just live, and be awake to the incredible gift of our own life. That is all we have, all we'll ever have. Everything else is just in our head.
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment