Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

The cows and I are in today's Hartford Courant

I'm not sure if Jasmine would be honored to know that she and her calf made it in the newspaper on election day! Maybe Trump and Clinton should be honored. Jasmine is pretty cool. She'd make a better president.

Mark Mirko, photographer at The Hartford Courant, was driving by yesterday morning, when he saw me out in the field milking Jasmine. He stopped the car, walked over to the pasture and asked me if he could take some pictures for the newspaper. I said yes, and continued my milking while he took pictures. Then we talked about the cows and farming for a while. Mark is very thoughtful and nice to talk to. I  knew him from before - he did a story on our farm a few years ago, also for the Hartford Courant, and he was in our CSA in 2015. It made me happy to see him again and share news of the farm with him .
Here is his picture in today's paper.

No comments: