There hasn’t been much time to write lately because the pace of work has been relentless. The good news though is that the heat and humidity we had over the past month have broken, fall is on its way, and everything is slowing down, which means that we will too.
Most of my canning and food preservation is done, and I did not do it alone. Sena helped with grape jam and apple sauce – she cut and cooked the apples, and I canned them, and Ed made a huge batch of apple chips.
We have tentatively started homeschooling again, I say tentatively because right now it’s mostly stuff the kids can do on their own, like history and geography, and some English. I cannot put much time into homeschooling yet with the field and CSA still going. Both Sena and Aiyana are very motivated to start up again, and they want to make sure that they’re at grade level with all the subjects. What more can I ask for than for them to be willing students? Now I just have to give them the best I can.
Every Friday this summer, we have been delivering vegetables to two accounts we have in the New London area: one is Fiddleheads Food Coop, and the other is Oyster Club, a very cool and trendy restaurant in Mystic, who serves locally grown food and seafood in a treehouse! Since we’re driving all the way to New London, we decided to make a full day out of it, and so after the deliveries are done, we head to the beach, or somewhere else fun. Mostly we’ve been going to Bluff Point, because Sena and Aiyana and I love it there. Bluff Point is great because the beach is about 2 miles from the parking lot, which means that most people do not walk to it; but Sena and Aiyana and I bring our bikes, and it takes 10 minutes to bike to the beach, and the ride is beautiful, and then, we pretty much have the beach to ourselves for the rest of the day. We spent some beautiful Fridays there this summer, swimming and playing in the water, and having so much fun. Ed and I take turns doing deliveries every other Friday, and he has been doing some fun stuff with the girls as well; last time for example, they went snorkeling in Rhode Island at a spot where Ed used to spear fish some years ago.
This is Bluff Point:
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment