This morning when I went out to water and feed the cows, I noticed that the trees had a distinctive red tinge to them. I feel like it happened overnight, a sign that the buds are swelling and sap is running.
Yesterday, when Sena and Ed and I were with the cows, we think we felt Jasmine's baby. We're always unsure whether she's pregnant or not, even though the vet checked her in the fall and said she was. She does not look that big, and it's hard to tell, even though she's supposed to give birth in April. But feeling the calf was reassuring, and fun.
I've been working with Olive to halter train her. She got a little spunk to her, now that she's a teenager. She pushes her mom around, and I wanted to nip that kind of behavior in the bud, so she does not think she can be pushy with us. She has tried... But the halter training is really helping, letting her know that we're in charge and she has to obey and walk nicely alongside us when we bring her from one place to another.
It's rainy and misty today, and it really feels like spring is on its way.
One more week till spring equinox! Very exciting!
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment