Last Friday we officially bought the Willington property I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. After the closing, the four of us went there to celebrate in a small way. We stood in the middle of the 7 acre field that is most of the property and for a while watched and listened to a hawk calling from the top of a tall tree. I thought that it was a nice welcome to this new piece of land. I was also very happy to see that there are many lilacs forming a borderline between the house and the field. They must smell heavenly in the spring. There is also one big barn and several sheds on the property, all in need of repair.
On Saturday afternoon we spent some time practicing bo-staff as a family. Ed got hit in the head with a loud "donk". It wasn't bad but it gave us all a good laugh. I practiced too and amazingly did not injure myself. Mostly I sat down and ejoyed some cold milk and dark chocolate. Sena and Aiyana practiced their karate forms and spun their bo-staffs up in the air at scary speeds, with much more skill and grace than Ed or I.Here they are:
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment