Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Some recent activities

Ed, splitting wood. He did it for four hours every day, over the course of about one week. I honestly hink that I can do maybe 10 swings if I really push myself, before I'd be totally exhausted and useless for the rest of the day.

Sena's been working with Jasmine every day, and she loves doing it. Here she is getting Jasmine used to the halter and to being led.
 Aiyana got to walk Yo, our friend's doggie. She always asks about having a dog, but we're not going to do that any time soon, so in the meantime Yo is coming over for a weekly walk. They are both very happy.
I've been making more cheese. This is my first Cheddar. It's drying right now, and then I'm going to put it in the root cellar for aging. Not at all sure what it's going to be like.
Other than that, Spring is here! (I think). Today it's been just glorious, warm and sunny. Sena said that the wind felt different, much milder than before. She and Aiyana said that they felt glad inside, and a "Wake Up!" kind of feeling. They wanted to go out barefoot and I let them.
The fields are still mostly covered in snow, but it is melting fast. Hopefully a couple more weeks and we'll be able to get some seeds in the ground.

Peace

2 comments:

emily said...

I arrived home today from visiting my sister in Arizona... looks like the sunshine beat me here! Snow's really melting in Southern CT, too!

Can't wait to hear how the cheese turns out.

Anonymous said...

abia astept sa maninc din brinza ! arata f. bine. mama.