Little Mind, Big Mind
One is mine, the other one also.
One is tangled in worries, fears, ambitions, pride,
excitement.
Sometimes it is happy.
The other is free, expansive, contemplative, accepting,
At peace with all that is. Always.
I’ve walked with them for years,
And only recently acknowledged how they rule my life.
When Little Mind causes agitation,
Or too much excitement,
I call on Big Mind.
Sometimes, that brings calm.
When Big Mind sweeps me away, too far,
I call on Little Mind to help me clean the kitchen.
I am grateful for Little Mind,
With its sharp, narrow focus,
Ruler of Daily Activity.
Without it how can I be a mother, farmer, a person that
lives among others?
How can I get anything done?
I am grateful for Big Mind, my Teacher,
Knower of Mountains and Valleys,
Thunder and Rain,
Tiny creatures,
The holiness of the Earth,
Seer of infinite things.
It brings me glimpses of Joy and Beauty,
And soothes like nothing else can.
Little Mind, Big Mind,
Being human, walking both.
1 comment:
f.frumos si deosebit. ma bucur ca esti in echilibru. mama.
Post a Comment