- the bible of soil science, as one friend reffered to it, The Nature and Properties of Soils. amazing book. i can relate to and apply so much of it. glad i'm reading it now, not a few years ago, when much of it would've been theoretical and would've gone over my head.
- a history book about the Ottoman Empire, called Lords of the Horizons, because it reminds me of things i learned in history class in Romania, and because i think i will find clues to my past in it.
- a book on cheese making, because i might be getting into that this winter. i think we're getting a cow soon.
Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
before i go to bed i like to read for about 15-20 minutes (more if possible, but usually i don't last longer than that). here's what i've been reading:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like how you have different genres on your nightly reading list. I've been on a short fiction kick, but I think I would also like to read about fermenting veggies. Let me know if you have any suggestions!
Good luck with the cow. I've been happily dairy-free for a while now, but I might start introducing small amounts back. We'll see. My body is pretty happy now, so I don't want to rock the boat!
Wishing you, and Ed and your girls well. Charles turns 2 soon! My, how the time flies.
Emily
Emily,
Wild Fermentation by Sandor Katz is very good. I make several of his recipes and like them a lot, and his info on fermentation is also very interesting.
And, yes, time does go by fast...
Post a Comment