My Cats and Chickens
My name is Aiyana. I am 7 years old. I live on a farm. I am responsible for my chickens and
cats. I have four chickens and four
cats.
In the winter the cats mostly sleep. They go
out only at night time. Since they don’t
go out a lot, they grow fat. We have
four of them. Their names are:
Snowflake, Cookie, Midnight, and L.T.
The cat who is named L.T. is the mother of Snowflake and Cookie. Snowflake is very loving. Midnight is huge, but that is okay. In the summer, they hunt voles and mice. Sometimes they get chipmunks and birds. We got them to hunt voles and mice.
We have four chickens. Their names are
Cutiepie, Pegleg, Thankful, and Protector.
Protector is a rooster. Pegleg’s
name stands for her leg. Pegleg has a
leg that got turned over and it makes her so she cannot walk. We don’t know, but we think that she was born
like that, but, however, that’s okay.
There are some dangers for the chickens. The good thing is that we keep
them in coops. The dangers are: foxes,
raccoons, hawks, and a lot of other stuff.
We move my chickens once a week.
In the winter we have to bring in the water at nighttime so that it does
not freeze. In the summer, we gather
eggs from them. Every day, in all
seasons, my sister and I bring water to them and when their food runs out, we
bring more food to them.
I saved my chickens because my Dad was going to
butcher them. Now I am responsible for
taking care of them. I really love my
chickens and cats.
Aiyana
Mocanu Wazer
February
7, 2013
3 comments:
so sweet. It made me laugh how she casually mentioned that Ed was going to butcher the chickens and she saved them.
good job, aiyana ! we're proud of you , he;ping mama and dada at the farm. very sweet and touching. buca.
i pass these comments to aiyana - she'll be happy to hear from you. when i told her that i put her essay on my blog, she said "and now i'm famous". i told her not so much.
Post a Comment