Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Roxi!

today is my sister's birthday, and it was a beautiful, sunny day, quite a gift, quite fitting.

my sister is the most selfless person i know, and i am amazed that we're sisters. i struggle with selfishness and a whole bunch of other things, so i don't know how she got to be this way, but we are all better off for it.
i feel very lucky also that we're so close to each other, physically and otherwise. she really helps us a lot all year long, canning, cooking, making bread, yoghurt, cheese, jam, etc., and just generally feeding us especially when things get too busy and i can't pull it all together.

so a very happy birthday to you, Roxi, probably the most faithful reader of this blog (well, other than my mom, i guess)!

3 comments:

Roxi said...

Thank you. I had such a peaceful, beautiful day at home with my girls, and it was really nice seeing you and Ed and your girls for a little while in the afternoon. Thank you for your kind words, on this blog and the card. I also feel very lucky that we are so close, and that our kids are growing up so close. I appreciate all your hard work on the farm, and all the good food you grow for us. I'm not much of a gardener, though there's still time for me to learn, especially if I can hang out and help out on your farm. I do enjoy the cooking, and I very happy to share what I cook with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

f. frumoase cuvinte, raluca - si adevarate. sint fericita ca sinteti copiii mei si ca va iubiti si va ajutati reciproc. e consolarea mea ca nu va am aproape de noi....

ma intreb deseori cum de am 2 fete asa de bune si reusite, chiar daca au si mici defecte, ca oricine. dar au caracter frumos si sint cele mai bune, in toate. la multi ani , cu fericire si succese ! cu mult drag, mama.

Maf said...

I am a faitful reader too! Happy be-lated birthday to Roxi.