Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Monday, April 18, 2011

ed put the chicks outside last week. they were really happy to be on the grass, and started pecking around right away. we still have a light in there for them, to keep them warm at night. ed's been moving the coop every day, and the chicks really like that. midnight crouches and watches right outside the coop - he'd love one of them little morsels....
this is a picture sena made last week. she said it was the Earth. i really like it, especially the little bird above the left eye, and the rain on the eyelids.
sena and aiyana went to an Easter party down in Rhode Island with grandma yesterday. they were very excited...
2/3 of the onions are in the ground already. the rest are going in today. we're still on schedule, although ever since we started working the new field (in addition to the old field), it seems a lot harder to keep up with everything. two fields at once is definitely a challenge, especially when one is brand new, just being brought into production. but we've brought two other fields into production from sod before, so by now we are experienced and know not to let the initial difficulties overwhelm us.
enjoy the sun...
peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girls are very pretty and the rest, beautiful. thank you for the greens. louise was very pleased. mama.

Roxi said...

I really like Sena's drawing. When her and Aiyana were at my house last week, all 3 girls did some drawings. Sena wrote a little story to go with her drawing. After your kids left, I was cleaning some bits of paper I found on the floor and found one on which Sena wrote "I am hart broken." I don't think she was writing it about herself, it was just part of a story that she wrote to go with one of her drawings. Anyway, I found it so touching, so honest.