Perfecting the art of the living contradiction.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Lhasa

i can't get over the news that Lhasa is dead. i've been thinking of her nonstop since i heard the news, and i woke up this morning with her on my mind. how terribly sad. she was such a beautiful person, you could just tell even without meeting her. i'm sure that she touched the hearts of so many people. what a loss for all of us.
i have this feeling that she knew this was coming long before she was sick, that she almost welcomed it, based on some of her lyrics, or the way i interpreted them.

if you haven't heard her music, i recommend it most highly, just be ready to have your heart broken and lifted all at the same time.

i hope she is at peace.

2 comments:

Roxi said...

I've had her music stuck in my head since I heard the news of her death. BTW, I was reading up on her life, and thought it was interesting that she spent the first 10 years of her life traveling around through the US and Mexico in an old school bus with her parents and brothers and sisters; I think that probably had a big influence on the rest of her life and her music.

Anonymous said...

si mie-mi pare f. rau....era deosebita simuzica ei, f. placuta si relaxanta. pacat, nu sint multi artisti ca ea, era o perla rara...

mama.