I've been having some rich dreams this past week, which left me with a really nice feeling.
One was just sweet and simple. I was riding my bike with Sena, Aiyana and Julia on the streets of Montreal. I was trying to get back to my old neighborhood in NDG, and as I rode with all three kids piled on my bike, I felt like each street, each corner, each doorway were so familiar to me. I just felt a lot of love for the neighborhood and the city in general, like I was coming home, not only to the city itself, but to a part of myself, and I was really glad to be able to share that with the kids.
In another dream, I was driving with a friend, and we just passed a car and were coming up to a beautiful view of mountains in the distance, with the sun setting behind them. Just then, there was a big dip in the road, and we were going too fast, so the car left the road and was up in the air. I realized that we were going to crash, and my friend said so too. I thought that we would die, and I undid my seatbelt, but then I thought that it's better to leave it on, in case the car starts rolling. As I fumbled around nervously, I suddenly realized that the car was not crashing at all. Instead, we were going up and up, so fast that I could feel it in my stomach. I did not feel nervous anymore, and as I looked down I could see the earth going away from us. Everything looked so beautiful: mountains, green fields, woods, and a meandering, blue river. I felt so deeply how much I loved everything, how beautiful and precious it all is, and I was so moved that I started to cry. I woke up crying, and that feeling of beauty stayed with me the whole day. It allowed me to be more sensitive to my surroundings, and to experience them in a new way.
No comments:
Post a Comment